American Postal Workers Union
1300 L Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you are a member, how you contact the APWU depends on what you are looking for:
- If you need to update your mailing address, adjust union dues, or correct any other information in our database, please contact the Per Capita Department. Requests can be faxed to (202) 216-2650 or mailed to the address above.
- If you need help with a workplace-related issue, start with your local shop steward. If you cannot contact a steward, contact an officer in your local, or a National Business Agent (NBA). Which NBA you contact depends on what craft you are in.
- For inquiries about local and state affiliates' constitutions and bylaws and fiduciary responsibilities; compliance with Labor Department and IRS regulations; union elections and appeals; dues terminations relating to transfers from one union/craft to another, and APWU scholarship programs, contact the Secretary-Treasurer’s Department.
- The Secretary-Treasurer’s Department also serves as a liaison to the APWU’s Deaf /Hard of Hearing Task Force. Click here to find more information and/or your representative.
- Contact the Industrial Relations Department with questions about labor-management issues, safety and health, national-level grievance-arbitration, mechanization issues, and the administration of the APWU grievance-arbitration process.
- If you have questions about getting others to join the union, contact the Organization Department.
- If you are an APWU retiree in need of assistance, contact the Retirees Department.
- For questions regarding educational training, seminars and conferences for APWU members and officers, contact the Research and Education Department.
- For guidance to work-related injuries, OWCP issues, equal opportunity employment discrimination claims and veteran-related matters, contact the Human Relations Department.
- For media inquiries, website issues, or news tips, contact the Communications Department by sending an email to email@example.com, or by calling 202-842-4250.
- The best way to contact officers or staff at National Headquarters is by calling the phone number or writing a letter to the address listed above.
Frequently Used Contacts
APWU Headquarters National Office
APWU Health Plan
799 Cromwell Park Drive
Glen Burnie, MD 2106
Accident Benefit Association
Retirees Department Q &A Hotline