About the Research & Education Department
The APWU Research & Education Department coordinates the union’s research and educational programs, and serves as a clearinghouse for information on labor studies.
- Conducts educational conferences for officers and shop stewards;
- Coordinates arbitration training conferences;
- Schedules instructional workshops in conjunction with APWU national conventions; and
- Prepares educational workshops on a wide variety of subjects.
- Stress Management
- Assertiveness Training
- Effective Communications
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Local Negotiations
- Leadership Skills
- Sexual Harassment
- Organizing Effective Committees
- Domestic Violence
- Representing Employees During Interrogation by Postal Inspectors
The APWU Research & Education Department director also is the national liaison to APWU POWER (Post Office Women for Equal Rights).