Deadline to Register is Monday, May 9, 2016
The training is limited to APWU local/state presidents, executive vice presidents, and secretary-treasurers. The training is designed to assist the executive local/state officers in acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to run an effective union and to meet the upcoming struggles and challenges of the future.
Space is limited and registration may close before the cut-off date. Therefore, participants are encouraged to register early. Please Do Not Purchase An Airline Ticket Until You Receive Notification That You Have Been Registered.
The curriculum includes:
- Administrating the Union
- Coalition Building
- Conducting Effective Meetings
- Duties of Election Committees
- Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Filing and Defending a Charge With the National Labor Relations Board
- Getting out the Union’s Message; Labor History
- Structuring Local/State Constitution and Bylaws
- Monitoring Dues Check Off (DCO)
- Overseeing Article 15 of the Grievance Procedure
- Stress Management
- Understanding Diversity
To make hotel reservations, call 1 (410) 859-5700, next dial 0 to be connected to the hotel. To secure the negotiated rate, of $139 per night for single and $185 for double occupancy, plus 13% taxes, identify yourself as attending the American Postal Workers Union’s Administration Training and register by the Monday, April 25, 2016 deadline.
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m. The hotel requires a major credit card for payment of room and taxes in advance.
Click here for more info and registration form.