The COPA-matic Trip of a Lifetime
contest is intended to encourage eligible APWU COPA contributorsto
make automatic, recurring donations to the APWU Committee on Political
Action (APWU COPA).
Eligible contributors, known as “COPA-matic contributors,” will
include APWU members, APWU retirees, or other eligible contributors who
sign-up to make automatic, recurring COPA contributions through PostalEASE, electronic
funds transfers (EFT), credit-card
or a Retiree Annuity Contribution through the
Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
COPA-matic contributors will be entered to win The Trip of a Lifetime,
provided they are on the rolls as automatic, recurring contributors as
of June 30, 2012. One winner will be selected in a random drawing at
the APWU’s 2012 National Convention in Los Angeles, Aug. 20-24. (The
winner does not need to be present to win.) The winner will select one
of the following prizes and will be provided transportation and a second
ticket to the event for a guest.
Game 1 of the World Series
Stanley Cup – One Game
NBA Finals – One Game
Vacation in Honolulu, Hawaii
New York City Sightseeing & Broadway Weekend
Alaskan Cruise (or other U.S.-based cruise to a destination
of the winner’s choice)
One 2nd Place Prize will be awarded: 42” Big Screen
One 3rd Place Prize will be awarded: Wi-Fi enabled iPad
To encourage participation:
- All COPA-matic contributors will receive a modest gift.
- COPA-matic contributors can earn additional contest entries by signing-up
other eligible contributors using a “commitment card.”
To recognize successful locals, state organizations, and retiree chapters:
- A gift card will be awarded to any local, state organization or retiree
chapter that has 15% of its active membership signed up as COPA-matic
contributors, based on the number of active members on the rolls as of
June 30, 2012.
- 1000+ members......$500 Gift Card
- 500-999 members...$375 Gift Card
- 300-499 members...$250 Gift Card
- 100-200 members...$150 Gift Card
- 99 members or less...$50 Gift Card
To qualify for a prize, locals, state organizations, and retiree chapter
must have a minimum of five COPA-matic contributors. The gift cards shall
be used by the locals, state organizations, and retiree chapters to aid
future COPA fundraising efforts within the following 12 months.
- At the conclusion of the COPA-matic drive, a prize will be awarded
to the local, state organization, or retiree chapter with highest percentage
of COPA-matic contributors in each of the categories listed below. States
will compete based on the number of Members-at-Large.
- 1000 + members.......$1,000 Gift Card
- 500-999 members....... $750 Gift Card
- 300-499 members....... $500 Gift Card
- 100-299 members..…. $300 Gift Card
- 99-50 members…….. $100 Gift Card
- 49 members or less...... $50 Gift Card
To recognize generous contributors:
- All individuals who reach a COPA Club level will be entered in The
Trip of a Lifetime Contest.
- An additional ticket will be awarded to recruitersfor each
new COPA-matic contributor they enlist. The recruiter must mail a Commitment
Card to APWU Headquarters identifying the new recruit in order to receive
credit. The recruiter also must be a COPA-matic contributor.
additional tickets will be entered for COPA-matic contributors who
donate at the Eagle Club Level.
- Ten additional tickets will be entered
for COPA-matic contributors who donate at the Capitol Club Level.
- Twenty additional tickets will be entered for COPA-matic contributors
who donate at the President’s Club Level.
COPA Club levels will be based on contributions made
between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2012.
- Eagle Club - $100 per year (This level can be reached by contributing
$4 per pay period.)
- Capitol Club - $250 per year (This level can be reached by contributing
$10 per pay period.)
- President’s Club - $500 per year (This level can be reached
by contributing $20 per pay period.)
Special gifts will be awarded at each COPA Club level.
[back to top]