Basic Arbitration Training
APWU Basic Arbitration Training conferences provide an in-depth knowledge of the techniques needed to effectively prepare a case for arbitration.
To participate, APWU members must provide a letter from their local or state president (on local or state letterhead) that authorizes their attendance.
Training is provided by APWU National officers and staff.
The curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Arbitration
- Preparing the Case
- Identifying and Framing Issue
- Threshold Issues
- Exhibits and Stipulations
- Opening and Closing Statements
- Rules of Evidence
- Objections, and Direct and Cross Examinations