Department & Division News

Dues - When Changing Unions

Helping New Members Avoid Double Dues

No one wants to pay double dues when they transfer to one of the crafts represented by the APWU and join our union.

You can help a new member avoid paying dues to more than one union by simply noting on the Form 1187 you send to the national APWU that we need to stop another union’s dues: Write “Cancel NALC first” or “Cancel NPMHU first” in large print on the white margin of the form, and make sure that the local is clearly identified. (A letter is always appreciated.)

If it is NRLCA dues that need to be stopped, please hold the form at the local level and contact the Secretary-Treasurer’s office for instructions on how to proceed.

Click here for full guidelines on Union Members Transferring Crafts. [PDF]