09/02/2013 - APWU retirees across the country turned out in huge numbers on July 2 to protest the “Chained CPI,” a proposal to change the way cost-of-living adjustments are calculated that will result in lower COLAs for seniors. The event was sponsored by the Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA), which has a membership over 4 million retired union members, seniors and community activists. The APWU Retirees Department is one of its affiliates.
- 08/09/2013 -
- APWU, Postal Unions: Carper-Coburn Bill an Assault on Postal Employee Benefits
- Sen. Bernie Sanders Says S. 1486 Backtracks on Postal Reform, “Makes no Sense”
- Postal Customers Get it - Why Can’t Some Members of Congress?
- Senators Seek to Pass Law to Stop Congress from Passing Laws
07/10/2013 - Despite a flurry of legislative activity in June, it seems clear that some members of Congress aren’t at all interested in saving the Postal Service. They may talk about the USPS crisis; they may even introduce “postal reform” bills. But they’re content to fiddle while the USPS burns. Why? Because the Postal Service’s manufactured financial crisis helps achieve their goals. As the Postal Service lurches toward insolvency, politicians who favor privatization see an opening — the chance to turn a great public institution into a private business opportunity for their cronies on Wall Street. The deeper the crisis, the greater their chance of success.
- 06/28/2013 -
- Bills for Postal Reform Need to Be Heard!
- Issa’s Draft Bill is FAR from Compromise
- July 1st is National Postal Workers Day!
- Break the Chained CPI… No Cuts to COLAs!
- 06/14/2013 -
- Rep. Issa Releases a “Deeply Disturbing” Draft Postal Reform Bill
- Rep. DeLauro Calls on House Members to Preserve Overnight Delivery
- Rep. DeFazio Speaks in Support of Postal Service Protection Act
- Unintended Consequences of Changing Postal Healthcare Options
- Trumka: Congress Must End Logjam on NLRB Appointees
05/01/2013 - A new APWU computer program that tracks employees’ work hours will help local unions fight for jobs with better schedules, address excessing issues and retreat rights, and identify part-time flexible hours that justify full-time jobs.
- 04/26/2013 -
- Postal Service Protection Act Gains Support in Congress
- Sign the Petition to Save the Postal Service
- Obama Announces Nominee for USPS Board of Governors
- Sen. Carper Expresses Hope for Postal Legislation on Obama’s Desk by July 4th
- Email Pioneer Says the United States Postal Service Must Survive
- 03/25/2013 -
- APWU Members Advocate for Postal Legislation
- 03/23/2013 -
- APWU Denounces Plans to Speed up 53 Plant Closings
- Postal Service Protection Act
- APWU Membership by Congressional District
- Preserving the Post Office is Congress’ Legal Duty
- 03/13/2013 -
- Update on Postal Service Protection Act
- Postal Service Stabilization Act Gains Supporters