Assistance for Union Plus Program Participants Impacted by Texas and Oklahoma Storms
06/05/2015 - Union members living in areas impacted by the recent severe storms and widespread flooding in Texas and Oklahoma, and who participate in Union Plus programs may be eligible for financial assistance. More than 20 people were killed as a result of the storms and in the Houston area alone more than 4,000 properties were damaged and 2,500 vehicles were abandoned.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to this devastating natural disaster who live in Harris, Hays and Van Zandt counties in Texas, and Cleveland, Grady and Oklahoma counties in Oklahoma. The money does not have to be repaid.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, a union member must:
- Have been a victim of the severe weather in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance. (List of qualifying counties available at UnionPlus.org/Disaster.)
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the last six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing (be up-to-date on payments).
- Describe his or her circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-800-622-2580
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus Mortgage and Credit Card holders may also be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided more than $780,000 in assistance to union members facing hardships following Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, floods, wild fires and other natural disasters.
For more information about the Union Plus disaster benefits, visit UnionPlus.org/Disaster.