Gear Up for Gear Day
Need ideas to boost participation? Try these on for size.
08/28/2015 - Whether it’s with a T-Shirt, button or armband, wearing our solidarity on our sleeve sends a message to management that we’re united. Below are some suggestions that could help increase involvement:
- Place flyers under worker’s windshield wipers on Wednesdays to remind them to wear APWU gear the next day;
- Send emails on Wednesdays to remind members;
- Place a short reminder article on your local’s website;
- Designate someone to post reminders on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Distribute APWU stickers, buttons, etc., in front of the workplace before tours begin;
- Remind members about Gear Day at union meetings;
- Talk to members during breaks to let them know to gear up on Thursday;
- Place the “Wear Union Gear Every Thursday” flyer on bulletin boards:
- Inform members that pictures will be taken and they may end up on the national APWU website;
- Hold contests to reward those who participate;
- Ask a member who is not an officer or steward to canvass members and remind them;
- Ask members for ideas.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact NCCC@apwu.org.
Click here to download a Wear Union Gear flyer for distribution to members.
Click here to download a Wear Union Gear flyer for ordering.