- 04/05/2012 -
- Tax Day Leafleting/Contact Your Senators
- Senator Sanders on The Ed Show
- Montana’s Senator Calls for Delay
In Shuttering of Processing Facilities
- More Movement Restricting Ability to Vote
- Sign up for the APWU E-TEAM
Postal Service Gets It Wrong Again
02/16/2012 - Among the Postal Service ’ s major plans for solving the USPS financial crisis is to slash the mail processing network — to close or consolidate as many as 252 of approximately 460 mail processing facilities. Wrong again! The Postal Service notified the APWU on Sept. 14 that it would study the feasibility of consolidating more than half of its mail processing centers as part of a nationwide plan to cut costs. The next day, with great fanfare, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe announced the plan to the media, and presented it as an essential component of resolving the Postal Service’s financial difficulties. But the reality is quite different. In fact, the Postmaster General’s prescription would do more harm than good.
- 02/10/2012 -
- Tell the U. S. House of Representatives to vote no on H.R. 7
- Tell the Senate S. 1789, is not acceptable in its current form
- 01/27/2012 -
- Emergency Legislative Alert! S. 1789: Take Action Today!
- Postal Service to Temporarily Put a Freeze to Closures
- House Republicans Attack Federal Retirement Benefits
- Congressman DeFazio Introduces Legislation to Solve the Postal Service Financial Crisis
- By the Numbers – USPS
- 11/23/2011 -
- Senator Sanders’s Bill Looks To Fix the USPS Financial Crisis
- ACI Survey Says Overwhelming Majority Of Consumers Oppose Closing Facilities
- Postal Turkey Talk
11/01/2011 - (This article appeared in the November/December 2011 issue of The American Postal Worker magazine.)
Joyce B. Robinson, Research & Education Department Director
This year’s devastating natural disasters demonstrate the importance of preparing an emergency plan, which can reduce the likelihood of serious injury or loss of life during an earthquake or hurricane. As I write this, we are still “recovering” from this year’s devastating weather effects. My prayers continue to go out to my APWU sisters and brothers and their families who were adversely affected. Listed below are tips to help you prepare before the disaster strikes:
03/01/2011 - An audit report conducted by the Postal Service’s Inspector General’s Office (OIG) on the USPS Health and Safety Program, released Nov. 14, is limited in both scope and depth and is thus of little value in assessing the agency’s overall efforts to promote a safe workplace, the union has determined.
07/07/2010 - Ignoring the urging of numerous senators and many others, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) has signaled his intent to bring to the House floor a postal bill that unions, customers, small businesses and many legislators have condemned. In a memo to Republican lawmakers dated May 25, Cantor said the GOP would work to bring H.R.2309 forward for consideration between the July 4 holiday and Congress’ August recess.
05/03/2010 - Many APWU members who retired in October have reported that they still have not received regular annuity checks. We also have heard that many retirees receive a busy signal every time they call the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) on the agency’s toll-free number.