Northeast Region Prepares for Battles Ahead
02/02/2018 - On Jan. 31, Northeast Regional Coordinator John H. Dirzius and Greater Connecticut Area Local President Robert “Bob” Johnson provided training on a number of important workplace topics.
With the current collective bargaining agreement expiring in September and the upcoming contract campaign officially kicking off, Contract Action Teams (CATs) were a key issue.
Another crucial part of the training included vital tools in the fight against the Postal Service’s reductions in service and jobs. Specifically, it included Article 12 Principles of Seniority, Posting and Reassignments, Max Duty Assignment Tool (MDAT), and Article 1.6 Performance of Bargaining Unit Work. Training for stewards and officers was also included.
“Only with the proper tools, the knowledge of our contract, and the involvement of our members will we be successful,” Dirzius explained. “That’s what our training was all about.”
Locals in attendance were:
- Greater Connecticut Area Local
- Hartford Local
- Stamford Connecticut Area Local
- West Connecticut Area Local
- Connecticut Postal Workers Union
- Massachusetts Postal Workers Union
- New Hampshire Postal Workers Union
- Rhode Island Postal Workers Union
- American Postal Workers Union of Vermont
- Boston Metro Area Local
- Manchester Area Local (NH)
- White River Junction Area Local
- Montpelier Local